Wednesday 14 November 2012

redeemer of absolutely everything

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
and bring her into the wilderness,
and speak tenderly to her.
And there I will give her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achor (where Joshua was cursed) a door of hope. 
And there she shall answer
as in the days of her youth,
as at the time when she came out of the land of Egypt. "
(Hosea2:14-15)

She was away from Lord, in a place marked with a sign of curse, and everything, including her race, is telling her that she is not fit for the Kingdom of God. She was not born as a princess of the Kingdom, but she came to love the Lord in her youth. And then she was lost. She was told to walk this way and that way, follow Baal. Be everything: or you're not successful in this place. She loved promises-- committing to people, friends, loved ones-- giving her all. She had a lot of love to give. But of what well did she dip into to receive more love to give? Someone switched the water. Someone moved the path. Surely it couldn't have been by choice that she began to dip into the homemade pond out back of her own home, rather than the well that was flowing with the spring of Life, placed there by the Lord? That well was a walk. It took effort to get there, and when she needed more to give, she needed it now. 

"Those who were not my people, I will call 'my people,
and her who was not beloved, I will call 'beloved'.
And in the place where it is said to them, 'You are not my people',
there they will be called, 'sons of the Living God'."
(Romans 9:25-26)

He is my redeemer.
He restores me to a place of rest when I don't deserve it, in a place that is cursed and jaded. 

Hallelujah to this God, who I call My God.

He has brought me into this wilderness with purpose-- he has a direction to woo me into his vineyards, into his names for me (Beloved), and it is Here that I belong.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment