Wednesday 21 November 2012

prep-work

I've been making lists upon lists the past four days, all in preparation for the big day of Thanksgiving. For some reason, I allow myself to unnecessarily stress out over grocery lists, menus, getting out the china, crafting up pretty decorations, setting up Christmas/fall things, etc. I shouldn't have to be so caught up in it all, but I do. For one, I just love planning things. Lists are my bread and butter. I could write lists all day long, and it really doesn't matter whether I cross things off of them or not. I just write them. 


As I prepare though, I've been getting a bit edgy. That's the nature of over-planning. It works the opposite way that I want it to, always. I prepare because I think it will bring peace to my plans, but instead it invites anxiety into them. Get outta there! 


 So now I'm inviting in peace, for real. 
I will choose to ask Jesus to be my Lord and my Lover. 
I will choose to PRAISE You and be fully joy-full today!
I will choose to be gracious to my family and earnestly selfless towards them as they come and enter into my crazy world here. I just need to let go and be glad for today and for the beauty of holidays and family-togetherness. 

Today is a good, grand day :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment